We’re glad you have chosen the Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium (“Connecting People With Nature”) for your field trip, and we hope to help you make this outing special.
- Calusa Nature Center welcomes groups up to a maximum of 100 people (students, teachers, parents, etc) for a single field trip. Our planetarium seats 87-90 and our animal demonstrations also do not work with huge groups, so field trips near the limit will be broken into smaller groups that will experience trip content in parallel.
- Pricing: Teachers Free (with their groups)
Two Shows (Animal & Planetarium or 2 planetarium or 2 animal): Students: $5/ea, Accompanying Adults: $7/ea
Only One Show: Students: $4/ea, Accompanying Adults: $6/ea
Guided Trail Hike (by arrangement in advance with Calusa): add $1/person
- Field trips start at 10 am. Typically, this will include a live animal encounter demonstration at 10, a planetarium show at 11, and trail time, or a Guided Nature Walk, and lunch at 12. Scheduled can vary depending on your group size and educational goals for the day.
- Buses park in the designated Bus Parking area of our lot, parking is free.
- Payment is due upon arrival, no exceptions. Two-show field trips (usually animal and planetarium):
- Cancellation is without penalty more than a week in advance. However, you will be responsible for the full amount of the field trip if you fail to cancel at least 7 days in advance. This is because work schedules for hourly employees are made up to accommodate your trip.