Thank you for Donating to help Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium!
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and our Donations page. We are a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) environmental education organization; we do not receive funding from the local, state or federal governments. Anything you can offer is greatly appreciated, as your generous support helps provide food and comfort to various birds of prey, mammals, coastal birds, snakes, fish, amphibians, turtles & tortoises and other wonderful reptiles here at the Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium. High-value donations can receive a tax letter if you wish: please let us know the monetary value of the donation when you drop it off if you wish a tax letter.
Monetary Donations Online Here
To donate money to urgent Capital Fund projects, please click through to our donation page: http://calusanature.org/donatehere/
Donations of Supplies/Needed Items/etc.
Please take the time to review the items that are listed for needed donations here at Calusa Nature Center. If the item is a perishable food item please call prior to bringing in your donation, to ensure that we have the proper storage for the donation.
- Ink/toner for printers: please call for printer details
- Copy paper
- Paper Towels
- Toilet paper
- Pine Sol or other floor cleaner in x-large containers
- Windex, or other glass cleaner in large refill bottles
- Clorox Cleanup or other multi surface heavy duty cleaner in spray bottles and/or refill bottles
- Refrigerator/freezer for animal foods – clean and in good working order only, please.
- Dawn dish soap in large, push-pump containers (de-oils birds, etc.)
- Mop heads
- Fish tank filters (call for details)
- Indestructible “Kong Ball” style toys for animal environment enrichment (foxes, raccoons, and even eagles like things they can “play” with, but they have to be safe for that animal — if in doubt, please call to discuss animal environmental enrichment donations)
Perishable Goods-(Please call ahead of time to confirm that these items can be used within a reasonable amount of time.) Our phone number (10 am – 4 pm) is 239-275-3435
PLEASE NO CHOCOLATE, ONIONS, OR ICEBERG LETTUCE!
- High quality, dye-free dry cat and dog food
- High quality, dye-free wet cat and dog food
- Frozen rats
- Chicken pieces (Vultures and others love these — raw/frozen, please)
- Mealworms – VERY useful!
- Romaine lettuce
- Collard greens